Thursday, June 18, 2009

more new stuff


Here are the next batch of new characters I am working on. Again, these are very quick and very loose. Maybe less than 30 min to do all three sketches. Quick rough in pencil, then go over it in pen ( I like Uniball Vision .7 gel pen), and do an outline with a sharpie. The outline does a nice job to pull it all together and yet still maintain the spontaneous feel. Still, it's important for me to keep things loose like this so that it's open to little changes and adjustments.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Rodrigo said...

Wow!! less than 30 minutes for the three sketches is very fast.

this blog of yours is one of my favorites because of your art of course, and the hints you gave us of how you do your artwork.

Thanks Brian for share with us the fans.

3:15 PM  
Anonymous ralltiiri said...

I check this site every time I get on the internet. I've just been at camp for a week. The guy in the middle looks like Malak.

12:03 PM  
Blogger BrianChing said...

Rodrigo-- thanks. Sketches are like windows into the thought process of each drawing. Hope you are enjoying these.

Rall-- Yup, the middle guy is Malak. I designed him originally when he was just called Squint. Now we've moved along and he's bald with the head tattoos. It's been so long since I've drawn him that I needed to do this quick sketch to remind me what his costume looks like.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Tim Haleyi said...

Alek's starting to look like Malak in the game

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home