Wednesday, August 24, 2005


Wow, after not posting for over a month I'm on a tear!!!

This is an unused piece I did for the SW Republic #60. I was asked to do the cover for that issue and I needed to come up with a look for a younger, non dark-Jedi Ventress. I knew her origin (since my writer, Haden Blackman, was the one who had conceived her backstory) and wanted to come up with a look that was Jedi looking but a little edgier. So I gave her the tradtional look of the tunic and "skirt" but darkened it up a little by adding the black leather straps all over her arms, waist and even a little under her tunic.

I made the HUGE mistake over trying to do it all on the cover without a rough. Come up with a pose, a composition, and a new costume all at the same time. Terrible mistake and this is what I ended up with. It was nice to be able to figure out her look but it was so squashed and forced and after many tries to fix it, I came to my senses and realized I needed to start over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home