Thursday, June 23, 2005


It's been a while since my last entry-- well, I've been quite busy. I've been working on designing characters for a new SW series at Dark Horse. I just found out that they will make an announcement at the upcoming San Diego Comic-Con so can't talk about until then (July 17th, I think). But they did ask me to come up with a promotion piece for the show so I've been working on that for the last couple of days. On top of all of that, I've been working on my overall computer skills-- learning to use photoshop and scanning and cleaning up all of my images before uploading them to Dark Horse. I've learned how incredibly inefficient I am with a computer. I thought that this would save me time, I wouldn't have to drive to Kinko's and copy all of my drawings, pack them up, and drop 'em off with FEDEX. Now I'm just stuck in my office, trying to make sure that what I see on my monitor will translate to what others will see on theirs ( and then stressing about how all of it will look completely different once it's printed). All in all, it's the most fun I've ever had working so I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I recently picked up a "how to paint with photoshop" type book at Amazon. An illustrator friend recommended it to me (okay he's a BIG DOG at an advertising agency and I pretty much do whatever he tells me). Hopefully it'll help me get to the next phase and I can fully render all of my drawings digitally. Here's the book : Digital Character Design and Painting: The Photoshop CS Edition


This cake was something I ran across today and thought it was the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. Someone went to great lengths to make this. I had a hard enough time drawing these things in Obsession and here it is, someone had to design, bake, and frost it. Kudos to them. Check out the article at Rebelscum.

2 Comments:

Blogger A Cranky Old Jew said...

I just found your blog randomly today and looked over some of your sketches, I really wanna see you post some more up here!

Much love,
Fromstein

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best cake ever

:D

Glad to hear that even the masters are still learners ;)

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home