Monday, June 06, 2005


Here's a change of pace for me. (Click here for a larger version) After drawing Star Wars characters exclusively for the last couple of years, I decided to change things up and I doodled this Wolverine piece in my sketchbook. It was pretty fun for me to draw someone with more comic book proportions-- the massive arms and torso area. With the Star Wars drawings, I try to present the characters more realisticly (although some people have complained I draw Obi-Wan too big). I tend to draw with pen in my sketchbook-- no reason, I just like the feel of it. Recently, I picked up those Uniball Gel RT pens and I just love how easily they flow so I've been using that a lot in my sketchbook. That also explains the sketchiness here, it also helps that I'm drawing Wolverine and can turn any mistakes I make into cuts and tears.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Batman.... how's the bat mobile??
Wolverine looks great!!

7:10 PM  
Blogger A Cranky Old Jew said...

Yeah, that's an amazing sketch, you've got real talent. Post some more drawings, I'd love to see them!

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home