Sunday, July 23, 2006

Witchie-Woman


Here's a piece that Mike Atiyeh and I did in the latest issue of Witchblade-- issue #100 and it's just a one page montage of the Witchblade carrier from Ancient China.

I was given a lot of freedom to come up with her design and the most important thing was to make sure she had a lot of jade-like colors on her armor. Jades are huge in Chinese culture, my Mom has given me Jades since I was a child and she collects them to this day. So I asked Mike to carry that color from her shoulder pads to her hip armor all the way to the belly of the Dragon.


-B

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,Brian!I'm a big fan of your work!I'm from Bulgaria and i really loved your Obsession comics.They were fantastic!Maybe next month they will publish KOTOR here in my country and it will be great!!!!!!From what i see from the previews i think your art is great!!!!!!!!!And many of my friends are big fans of your art,too!

I don't speak English very well,so there might be a few mistakes

2:16 PM  
Blogger BrianChing said...

Thanks so much! Wow, it's nice to know how far our comics go-- all over the world. I hope things are good in Bulgaria!


-B

12:35 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

yh..ghyn...i cant believe im watching this blog -_-
Im also from Bulgaria and ill be extreamly honored if you agree for banner/link exchange :)))
and even if you dont ill still link you in my blog ^_^ all fans will be happy to browse your stuff :)

3:30 AM  
Blogger BrianChing said...

KOTOR is ongoing! So as long as people like it, we will keep making it :)

1:00 PM  
Blogger J. J. said...

Hey Brian,
Really cool stuff--I LOVE the Chinese Witchblade! Does the character have a name?
Peace,
J. J.

7:27 PM  
Anonymous Layton Fridge Repair said...

Hi nicce reading your post

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home