Sunday, October 22, 2006

KotOR #13 cover, part 3

The next step is laying a sheet of tracing paper on top and doing a more refined version of the rough (the grey rectangles at the four corners are pieces of tape and are now grey because I converted the scan to gresycale to keep the file sizes small). I'm trying to choose single lines here to define the forms, something I can clean up a little more later but it looks strong enough so that you can see what's going on.

Notice the large circular shape behind Jarael's and Zayne's head? It looked okay on the rough but as you see in the final image, it was replaced with more pipes and engine parts. Sometimes, it just doesn't look right on the completed piece so it needs to be changed.


-B

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow...
This extra step explains a whole lot to me...
Thanks for showing this behind the scenes look Brian, I am sure all the other aspiring artists appreciate it too....

David

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home