Thursday, October 12, 2006

sketchbook doodles

I finsihed an issue of KOTOR the other night-- usually I am so drained after an issue that I crash and don't draw anything for at least 2 days. However this time around, I forced myself to sit at the drawing table and just screw around in my sketchbook. I had the TV on and LOST was playing ( I usually only listen to though) so it was relaxing... sort of.

This is what I came up with. I've always really liked the Silver Surfer so I thought I'd give him a shot, this might be the first time I've ever drawn him-- I might have to transfer this to a full size art board and do a finished version of it.

And again, I have doodled the Thing, my favorite member of the Fantastic Four. He's just so fun to draw, you can't really mess up with him. If you make any part of him too small (like I originally did on his left shoulder) you just add more rocks to it to even it out.


-B

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are nice, i have been a fan or your work for a while now. Has Marvel or DC ever approached you about a gig?

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I would love to see how you would handle Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Fantastic Four or
X-Men.
Hey, Brian, next time you doodle, draw Batman or Superman.

-Nestor

1:57 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Hehe i dont know about the left arm but the left leg looks like he is wearing a boot :D :D :D

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home