Friday, September 01, 2006

KOTOR #8 COVER


Okay, here's the finished version. I think Mike did a phenomenonal job on it. He does so many things well-- the soft blue on the planet and the glowing ring around the it, it looks cool without drawing too much attention from the main subject. He put a rimlight on both characters and that just helps give them that extra touch of roundness to their form. And the little sparkle from the blade-- a nice touch. These are just a few of the little things that Mike does to make a piece "pop," I can go on about it but I'd be typing all day :)

You can view the completed version with the logo and type on it over at the Dark Horse site. They've cropped it quite a bit and (to my surprise) actually have Rholan's blade coming in front of the logo-- that was something I thought they'd never do.


-Brian

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this cover - great job!

Dayton
Tampa

7:09 PM  
Blogger BrianChing said...

Thanks, Dayton. Looking forward to seeing your work.


-B

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home