Thursday, August 17, 2006

Zayne... the scoundrel

Well, he's a bit too nice to be a scoundrel, I suppose. And I always give him that little crooked smile to show that he's still a bit unsure of himself.

Here's his new look as of issue #6. I have made some changes to this and will make some more as we go along but this is the initial design. The basic design elements will stay but some little gadgets here and there will change.

His pants, kneepads, and boots are the same as before. I decided to keep up the theme of the "wrap" around his neck consistent with his Padawan look-- I just like it and I think it keeps his look young.

BTW, the colors (as usual) are done by Mike Atiyeh-- he's quite good isn't he?

-B

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brian, Zayne looks excellent with his new garments. I like the blaster touch. He's leaving the jedi ways behind.

I sent you an email by the way

Thanks Jamie G ( Daankin )

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss the old Padawan look, but the new one is great, too. And you're right that the smile makes him appear uncertain. He looks like a kid playing in his daddy's merc outfit, trying to be tough. Which is appropriate at the moment for his personality!

It'll be interesting watching him grow up, and a little sad, too, I think, to see him lose that quirky "I'm a big guy, really!" smile to hard experience. Poor kid's already had a tough time of late.
- Carolyn

1:31 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

I love the cloth around his neck. It looks very nice. Reminding me of ninjas :)

1:47 PM  
Blogger BrianChing said...

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for the link you e-mailed me, very cool stuff! Nice to see your work :)


-Brian

12:06 AM  
Blogger BrianChing said...

Carolyn,

I really miss the old Padawan look as well. Even though it only last about 6 1/2 issues, I was very attached to that look. To be honest, I wasn't sure what I thought of this new look until Mike Atiyeh finished the colors (and assured me he liked the design) that I let myself like it.

I agree with you, it's a bit sad to see Zayne forced to grow up so quickly. At least he has Jedi skills...sort of.


-Brian

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking out my site Brian.

If you ever get bored of Dark Horse
there will be a home for you at the Compactor lol

Jamie G

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home