Wednesday, November 22, 2006

KOTOR # 6, pg 14-15

I was just looking at some of my old pages and realized I've never shared this one. This was the original version of page 14-15 from issue #6.

It's the scene where the Masters get freaked out by the "Jedi" in the red space suit. The change is in the first panel-- we have a bigger shot and catch a tiny glimpse of the skylight above and the figure about to fall through.

The big thing here was that the red space suit was supposed to come crashing through and really scare the hell out of the Jedi Masters. At the same time we wanted to make sure it was a surprise to the readers. But I was concerned that we weren't showing enough before the big impact so that's why I made panel 1 show so much. After some discussion with the creative team, we decided to re-size and crop panel 1 so that we don't see the space suit figure until panel 2. Part of me likes the change and part of me still wonders if it was the right thing to do.


-Brian

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Brian,

I went and dug out issue 6 to compare those panels. I like the edit but it only works in the colour version because you can see the engine glow that has distracted Lucien. Thanks for sharing that with us though. it's always great to read of these little changes. What did you think of the blog fan background suggestion I made a while back? lol

Will you get a break from KOTOR soon so we can get some of those wicked one off character sketches again. Durge is still up on my desktop!

Jamie G in the UK

11:47 AM  
Blogger BrianChing said...

Hi Jamie,

How're things in the UK?

I'm not sure about adding more names to the backgrounds. To be honest, that one I did in #9 wasn't planned out, it just happened. And it only fit in since I was drawing that type of architecture. BTW, I don't remember if I mentioned but there are more names going on in that issue :)

Nice to hear Durge is on your desktop, I have more sketches but just need to scan them in first.

Thanks,

-Brian

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol Brian, I was hinting more at background characters, if we sent you our photo's. Like the ones you did of the comic shop guys.

Can't wait to see sketches.

Also the weather is pretty mild over here for this time of year ( global warming? )

Thanks...... Jamie G over and out

2:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home